Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Confused

I'm unemployed with no medical insurance for me and my kids and I don't know where to go from here. The medical insurance issue will be resolved probably by the end of the month since we will probably be on the public aid insurance through the state by the end of the month.

The truth is I love being at home with and for the kids. I love that I have time to get things done around the house. The kids will be out of school in less than 2 weeks and I am looking forward to that. I always thought I was meant to be a Mom who works outside the home. I'm not so sure of that anymore. Reality is, I need to earn a living. There are jobs I can do from home and I am pursuing opportunities along that route.

I have a job interview today with a contracting firm for a contract position that will only last until September. It is for significantly less money than I made in my previous job and school is about to be out for the summer which means I will have to pay for summer camp if I get this job. I think you can tell I am not exactly excited about this job. The truth is I am interested in the job as it is similar to what I was doing. It's the money. It doesn't justify paying for summer camp.

As believers, we are called to have faith in God's plan even if it doesn't make sense according to worldly beliefs.

Matthew 6:26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they?

I am a firm believer that God will shut doors to paths that are not part of His plan. If this is not the job for me, then God will shut the door and I will go back to the drawing board.

No comments:

Post a Comment