Monday, May 27, 2013

Pain

Last Wednesday, while sitting in the bathtub, something became "out of whack" in my lower back (rhyme unintended). Since then, I have had difficulty walking and doing daily tasks. This is not the first time I have experienced back problems, but I can honestly say it is the only time when I actually think about taking drastic measures. Of course, I would not, but anyone who experiences issues with their back knows what I am talking about.

I should go to a doctor, but I don't have any medical insurance. A doctor will want to take x-rays, they will find nothing wrong and prescribe muscle relaxers. Chiropractors will take x-rays as well and they will adjust you which is what works the best. However, I am unemployed with no medical insurance so going to any doctor is something that has to be kept to extreme emergencies.

I don't take drugs for pain other than Advil. I have been using heat wraps as well since they have worked for me in the past. I can't say they are helping me much this time.

Today, I have been at my wit's end with this issue. I keep crying out to God to take the pain away so I can be productive. I keep thinking about how the Apostle Paul had an ailment that God would not heal (the bible does not tell us what the ailment was). This is the verse that I have been thinking about.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

The boasting part I have not done. My kids know that my back is bothering me, but I don't mention it to others.

At some point, if this does not get any better, I will have to go to the doctor and figure out how to pay for it later. I don't like payments, but I know sometimes they are necessary.

Today is my daughter's 10th birthday so I wish even more that I was not experiencing this issue so I can be fully present for her.

2 Corinthians 12:9 But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.

No comments:

Post a Comment